Interrupted

One day I was sitting near the window and praying early in the morning. In the middle of my prayer, the heavy blinds clinging to the top of the window, suddenly fell with a bang on my head. I was stunned, my sentence halted midway and wondered what happened? Then I asked God why He allowed these blinds to fall on my head when I was going on so smoothly with my prayer? Why did He not hold them up and prevent my prayer from being interrupted? As I was saying this my eyes fell on the beautiful scene outside my window. In many days I had not seen how beautiful the trees, mountains and skies looked outside that window. I was filled with awe once again for God's creation and resumed my prayer without stopping to fix the blinds. After my prayer was over, I felt as if God was saying this...
Many times in life when you are doing your work or duty faithfully, smoothly; suddenly out of nowhere something crashes in. Maybe something happens that interrupts your life, your faith and you begin to ask God why it happened? Why could He not hold up the problem from crashing in on you? After all, you did nothing to invite the problem. At such a time if you stop and look at the thing that crashed in, you will be interrupted forever. But if at such a time you look at Me (God) you will be able to go on.
If you stop to fix the problem without completing that precious dialog between us, you will lack the strength, wisdom and endurance that I can give you. If you look at Me (God) instead of at the problem, I will take you through it.
A small revelation, yes? But maybe it will encourage someone today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. I am curious to know what you felt after reading any post and eager to have your insights too! Many Thanks.