Knowing You

Knowing just a little of you, O God
Is such a pleasure, such a pleasure
You fill my heart with joy
In abundant measure, abundant measure

Not a wise, learned person am I
No scholar of great scripture or book
A simple, ordinary girl am I. Yet I,
when I need You, know where to look

Because You stoop down to my simple level
Great mysteries You so simply unravel

And fill my heart with such pleasure,
Such pleasure,
As words cannot describe
You are the greatest treasure.


"My heart is not proud, my eyes are not haughty; I do not concern myself with great matters or things too lofty for me. But I have calmed myself and quieted my ambitions. Like a child with its mother; my soul is quiet within me, I am content."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. I am curious to know what you felt after reading any post and eager to have your insights too! Many Thanks.