Mother's heart

Mother's day came and went. I was so lucky to have my mother and father visiting me this year. We were able to be with mom and give her gifts of her choice - what a joy to be able to treat your mother like this.
My sister-in-law was also visiting with her daughters and they too in their own special way had created
a handmade memory box for their mum. She was so pleased.
It was great fun to plot with my nieces what the best gift for our respective mothers would be. It was equally
fun to hunt for and choose the most appropriate little gift for my mother and their grandmother as a combined
mother and grandma mother's day token. I also wished my dear aunt on whatsapp. Aunts also ought to be treated special on mother's day - they also contribute to being a mother figure in all our lives, though they never replace moms, aunts have their place.
For a brief moment I dreamed what it would be if there were a little one that wished me and made me something special for mother's day for me. No one asked me, no one thought about me and no one did anything. And then smiled the thought away and replaced it with another memory ..
One special little girl, though, blessed my heart in a very pure and lovely way, about half a year ago rather unexpectedly. My best friend's little girl ran up to me one day in the park, sat on my lap and hummed a song. And then spontaneously she said ".. Aunty, you have a mother's heart". I was speechless and smiled. Bless her little heart! I will always remember that unexpected gift whenever mother's day comes around.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. I am curious to know what you felt after reading any post and eager to have your insights too! Many Thanks.