Love, unconditional.

If you turn your back to me
i will not turn mine, back to you
so that should you turn around
i will be there as long as there is breath

If you withdraw your affection from me
i will not return the hurt
will not cease to love you
just as i always have

If you forget everything that
my love has brought
and treat me as unwanted and reject me
i will still be around
hoping you will remember
hoping you will return
your affections

i will never withhold love
ever
to make you do anything my way

i will never use
the power to love
to manipulate

In moments of heart break,
rejection,
When a loved one is hurt and forgets genuine love
given selflessly, with nothing held back

When eyes dry up
When the heart cries
When it bleeds

One hopes that
the loved one will see again
Smile again with love

On this side
Of eternity

Love is patient. Love is kind. It does not envy, does not boast, is not proud. It does not dishonor others, is not self-seeking, not easily angered, keeps no record of wrongs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. I am curious to know what you felt after reading any post and eager to have your insights too! Many Thanks.