Life Song

When I am down, He lifts me up
When I feel like giving up, He encourages me
When I feel unjustly treated, He reminds me to forebear
and so teaches me to stretch my patience

When I am lonely, He understands
and reminds me that He will never leave me nor forsake me

When I am insulted, He reminds me to not retort in anger
not that I am always able to hold back
but bit by bit, He shows me to reply with gentleness and real love
not with spite or retaliation
and so He gently guides my soul to grow

When I realize I am unworthy, spiritually poor
He reminds that He will not break a bent reed
He will not snuff out a flickering candle
He shows me that He loves me
not because I earned it or deserve it
But because He delights in me
and because I am His

When I am overwhelmed at work
and realize my tasks are beyond my capacity
I turn to Him
I tell Him my confidence is in Him all the day long
And not in my ability
He walks with me showing me
that I can do all things through Him who strengthens me

When the most unexpected terrible thing happened
I gave it up to Him
And instantly what could have been a long,deep,depressing grief
was lifted up
He gave me the ability to rise above the grief
And trust Him
Now I know, what to do if the next unexpected terrible thing should happen
I will surrender to Him

In prayer I hide nothing from Him
I am an open book and agree with Him
about the ways in which my heart was not in the right place with Him
I discuss with Him my work or the day
He provides insight
I share with Him my heartaches
He weeps with me
I speak to Him about my burdens
He tells me to wait, to trust, to obey

When I sing to Him
He listens
although the the tune is wanting,
and the words don't rhyme,
and my worship does not fit
a religious structure
I think He likes my heartsong
For when I sing, He floods me with peace
peace beyond my human understanding

All I want is for Him to like my life's song

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. I am curious to know what you felt after reading any post and eager to have your insights too! Many Thanks.