The Love

How can I turn away from the One who rescued me?

This One who broke through into my world most unexpectedly and made me aware of His existence? 

This One who answered when I did not expect, while others from whom I expected a response kept silent? 

This One to whom it did not matter  -  

who I was 

what my background was 

what my ancestry was 

what my geolocation was  

Even more amazing, He was -  

unfazed by the depth of the darkness of my heart 

unfazed by the reality of the things I had done, my prides, my envies, my selfishness, my hidden thoughts, my hidden acts … 

 

They say I ought not to follow Him because He is outside of my jurisdiction? 

That somehow, I am a traitor to the traditions of my people if I follow Him?

How can one love ones who -  

never showed up,  

never answered the cries of my heart, 

never showed their love? 


How could I turn away from His persistence and his persuasion? 

Even His rebukes were delivered gently to my heart 

The pointing out of my “issues” spot on yet making me not want to defend myself or argue 

A kind of correction that you don’t want to run away from  

A kind of teaching that makes you fall in love with the Teacher -  

Because you realize He loves you even when He knows everything about you. 

 

How can I love the one who asks me to rise to a standard 

over One who stoops and labors within me so that I can rise up?  

Like a moth to flame, I am drawn to Him 

Except in His Light I do not burn, only my impurities do 

In His Light, I see light 

Like the burning bush that light up but burned not. 

 

How can anyone resist love that does not dominate but serves? 

That does not bind upon you anything, rather sets you free from the chains of sin? 

Only a drowning man knows the value of the One who jumped in to save him. 

When one finds water that quenches the thirst of the soul 

And bread that satisfies the hunger of the soul 

So that one finally really tastes what peace is 

Why then will one continue to eat and drink that which does not satisfy? 

 

How can I not love the One who remains faithful  

even through seasons when I ignore Him 

times when I spurn Him by choosing cheap thrills? 

Though He hurts when I do, yet patiently He waits 

Running down the road halfway when I return to Him. 

 

How can I not love such an overwhelming love? 

A love that brings delight in His presence 

Needs no decorum to meet 

Where worship flows naturally without calendar or clock. 

 

He is the very personification of Love 

A Love that is above all the standards of this world 

The Real Deal found me 

Whose love remains tried, tested and true 

through the long decades where He waits for me -  

to accept His love  

to reciprocate love wholeheartedly 

to walk with Him willingly 

to trust Him completely 


When you find this freedom, neither will you return to bondage 

When you find this living water, neither will you chase after other rivers  

When this Love finds you, you will know what I am saying 

You will then no longer ask me to deny His love 

Your joy will be complete 

Peace like a river will run through your soul 

Until then I will with all sincerity and to the utmost of my capacity

Love you with the kind of Love with which He has loved me. 


Love is patient  § Love is kind 
It does not envy § does not boast § keeps no record of wrongs 
Love does not rejoice in evil § Love rejoices with the truth 
Love always protects § always trusts § always hopes § always perseveres 
Love never fails ðŸ’– 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. I am curious to know what you felt after reading any post and eager to have your insights too! Many Thanks.