Vaccine & Antidote

Blame God (this one is surely the problem - cavalier, hard to please, absent), blame the government (man, one of those primary colors for sure), blame another country (ah those cruel regimes), blame the political group with the opposing view (oh the hypocrites, surely the hypocrites), blame another religious group (you bet, the root cause) , blame the employer, blame the boss, blame the neighbors (oh yes those weirdos next door), blame parents (basically the source for everything going wrong for from pre-teen years, yes, even the wrong choices one made that parents are not even aware of), blame family (the source of one’s stress), blame in-laws (of course by default), blame the spouse (if only s/he was a little different) - these and all of these in various hues and shades are the source of one's greatest aches, pains, discomforts and unhappiness. If only all of these would do their job well, well, one would be happy.

The concentric circles of fault bearers keep getting closer and closer and stop right at the center where number one is situated. Me. I am doing the best I can to the best of my capacity, but these, all these others in the circles around me, they keep messing something or the other for me.

If the position is that, ‘I am right or righteous and everyone else or every system around me is the problem’ then one will never, ever, ever be content and at peace. It is only when one admits that the problem might be closer to heart that there is a possibility of a change. That takes an honesty with self that most do not want to venture near. It takes humility. As long as one is full of oneself, the ego and pride will be thick and tall barriers to one’s peace and contentment.

If one is at a place of honesty and knows one is poor in spirit, is aware of the sickness inside the heart or mind, cognizant of the addictions to sinful tendencies -- then there is good news! For if you are humble, you will receive grace that will pull you out from failure to passing and passing with flying colors!! If you acknowledge your sickness, you will meet the best doctor in the universe!!! If you know you are the root cause, listen, someone is calling you who has the cure!!!!

Now, it is not as if others are never at fault. Other people or systems will never be perfect. Humans will fail each other. We will be betrayed, hurt or cheated by friends or leaders we trusted. What is the secret to remaining content and peaceful when we are wronged? Here is good news too, one is calling you to lay your burdens down and who promises to give you the strength to be content in difficulty.

The problem of sin is like a virus for which both vaccine and antidote are available. The vaccine and antidote for a virus is the same for all humans globally. Humans are the same in spiritual deficiency globally. The virus of sin in humans does not vary by latitude and longitude. The vaccine and antidote for the virus for sin, therefore, is the same for all humans globally.

Who will take the vaccine and the antidote? Some will reject it because they believe they are resilient to the virus, some will not feel the need because they are good or good enough, some will scoff because they believe the solution has to be different for different people groups, some are confident they will make thier own solution, some will distrust it because it did not manifest in their own country, some will turn up their noses because it is not a traditional cure and others will reject it before researching because it is not made of indigenous ingredients.

Yet, the voices of the Spirit of God and those that took His cure are calling to those who have ears to hear, "Come!” And let him who hears say, “Come!” And let him who thirsts come. Whoever desires, let him take the water of life freely."
Jesus said to them, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.” - Mark 2:17

Jesus said, “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” - Matthew 11:28-30

[Paul’s letter to the people in Phillipi about contentment in adversity]“I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength.

[Paul’s letter to the people in Corinth about strength in weakness]"We have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellence of the power may be of God and not of us. We are hard-pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed— always carrying about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our body.
I have worked much harder, been in prison more frequently, been flogged more severely, and been exposed to death again and again. Five times I received from the Jews the forty lashes minus one. Three times I was beaten with rods, once I was pelted with stones, three times I was shipwrecked, I spent a night and a day in the open sea, I have been constantly on the move. I have been in danger from rivers, in danger from bandits, in danger from my fellow Jews, in danger from Gentiles; in danger in the city, in danger in the country, in danger at sea; and in danger from false believers. I have labored and toiled and have often gone without sleep; I have known hunger and thirst and have often gone without food; I have been cold and naked.
But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.
I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. I am curious to know what you felt after reading any post and eager to have your insights too! Many Thanks.